Magento 1.3.2.1 and Google Base

Introduction

Well, Google Base in Magento 1.3.2.1 Community Edition is broken. Word on the forum is that it will be fixed for 1.3.2.2. Here’s the error message I got:


Warning: Varien_Autoload::include(Zend/Gdata/Gbase/Extension/ItemEntry.php) [varien-autoload.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Solution that Worked For Me

As always, YMMV and make sure you test. Anyway, here’s what I did to make it work for me. I edited the core file (gasp!) lib/Zend/Gdata/App.php . For reasons unknown to me, at around line 938, the Zend_Loader function has been commented out. I found this:

937
938
939
940
941
try {
    @#Zend_Loader::loadClass("${name}_${class}");
    $foundClassName = "${name}_${class}";
    break;
} catch (Zend_Exception $e) {

I removed the # from the line, and the resulting code now reads:

937
938
939
940
941
try {
    @Zend_Loader::loadClass("${name}_${class}");
    $foundClassName = "${name}_${class}";
    break;
} catch (Zend_Exception $e) {

Notes

Here’s where having excellent Attribute Sets for your products really pays off. Mapping as best you can to the Google Base attributes should really get you way ahead of the game.

Facebook comments: