I think I was .500 last week, hang on a second. OK, I’m back, yeah, .500. My own Eagles went ahead and won to spoil my chance at breaking the Mendoza Line. Can I use a baseball term here? Sure, why not: The Phillies are in the NLCS! Whoot!
Philly.com reports that Kevin Kolb took most of the snaps this week, and it looks like he’s the start vs. Atlanta Sunday. I think he should play the following week, too, at Tennessee. The week after that is the bye week, so that would give Vick a solid 4 weeks to recover. I think missing 2 games to fully heal is the smart move.
- ST. LOUIS +8 over San Diego. I don’t like San Diego.
- HOUSTON -4½ over KC. Houston has to rebound.
- Baltimore +4 over NE. ESPN really annoys me. I know it’s not really a sports network, but how do they rank the Steelers over the Ravens when the Ravens just beat the Steelers – in Pittsburgh!?
- TAMPA BAY +4 over New Orleans. I think the Saints will find a way to win, but I think Tampa will hang tough.
- Atlanta +2½ over PHILADELPHIA. I don’t understand why the Falcons are getting points. I think they are clearly the better team.
- Detroit +10 over NY GIANTS. Yes, Detroit has to learn to win on the road. But these aren’t the same old Detroit Lions. I think they can keep this close.
- Seattle +6½ over CHICAGO. Wait, I meant to pick the Bears. Oh, well, I typed it now.
- Miami +3 over GREEN BAY. Miami is quite healthy. Green Bay is not.
- Cleveland +13½ over PITTSBURGH. Pittsburgh re-learned to stop worrying and love the run while that Big Doofus was on suspension. I wouldn’t be surprised if 13 points won the game.
- NY Jets -3 over DENVER. I will never bet against the Jets ever again.
- OAKLAND +6½ over San Francisco. I will never bet on the 49ers ever again. How is an 0-5 team that makes an average of 12 mistakes a game a 6½ point favorite? I think Oakland is playing hard for some reason they’ll keep it close.
- MINNESOTA -1½ over Dallas. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
- Indianapolis -3 over WASHINGTON. I think the Colts will be super-ready to play this game, and get a win on the road.
- JACKSONVILLE +3 over Tennessee. I saw signs of life in Jacksonville last week.