These pictures have appeared before (in my Google+ actually), but I found this very nice plugin that actually displays them quite nicely and figured I’d share again!
File this one under “Easy to Overlook … Duh”
Using php with MongoDB to process CSV files, and I want to find all the documents that do not have a particular field. (Inbound, I’m naming the fields a particular way. I’m also using ruby inbound, don’t ask, at least not yet…).
So, I want all documents where a field called UKNOWN_0064 does not exist. So I write:
$m = new Mongo(); $orders_in = $m->$mongo_db->$mongo_coll->find(array("UKNOWN_0064"=>array('$exists'=>'false')));
But I get everything that does have UKNOWN_0064 and none that don’t!
Anyway, you guessed it … the problem is
Really needs to be
And so the correct code is:
$m = new Mongo(); $orders_in = $m->$mongo_db->$mongo_coll->find(array("UKNOWN_0064"=>array('$exists'=>false)));
And here I had been feeling so smart to remember to use single tic to pass $exists – and yet blinded by my own ego to miss not enclosing the boolean false.
On a side note, if anyone knows a nicer way to play with MongoDB than all this array business, let me know. It’s clunky to me.
This was a doozy today. I signed up for USPS Web Tools, plugged my User ID and test server details into my Magento Development site, and was rudely greeted with the error:
“API Authorization failure. RateV4 is not a valid API name for this protocol”
My initial symptom: I didn’t see any USPS rates in my front end. Enabling debugging allowed my to see the error in /var/log/shipping_usps.log.
The problem is that the USPS test servers didn’t support RateV4. So, you email USPS support to enable production server access for your USPS User ID. And we’re all set!
Found this great extension that does it. I’ve used it on EE 1.12, and from the reviews I gather it works on CE 220.127.116.11 as well. YMMV, use with caution, etc. I can’t imagine installing this in anything other than a development environment. Seamless Delete Order.
Reset Dashboard Statistics
To remove “Bestsellers” from my dashboard, I add this stored procedure to my development MySQL environments, courtesy of this post at PHP Bugs.
DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS reset_dashboard; delimiter // CREATE PROCEDURE reset_dashboard() BEGIN TRUNCATE sales_bestsellers_aggregated_daily; TRUNCATE sales_bestsellers_aggregated_monthly; TRUNCATE sales_bestsellers_aggregated_yearly; DELETE FROM report_event WHERE event_type_id IN (SELECT event_type_id FROM report_event_types WHERE event_name IN ('catalog_product_view')); END // delimiter ;
The DELETE FROM report_event code I stumbled across shortly after I originally posted this. I found it here at DesignersSandBox.